Cyclists & Outdoor enthusiasts: Want smarter gun regulations? …boycott Bell, Giro, Camelbak & Blackburn

You can help influence smarter gun regulations by boycotting Bell, Giro, Camelbak and Blackburn.

Here’s how…

The Parkland shooting has brought to the forefront how little we’ve done as a country to stop mass shootings and reduce gun deaths. Common sense gun laws could reduce gun deaths in the US while still allowing hunters & enthusiasts their guns. Two thirds of Americans now support stricter gun laws yet we’ve been unable to implement gun regulations due to the tight grip the NRA has on our politicians.

A group of students who survived the Parkland shootings are taking action and inspiring change. A successful strategy thus far has been to boycott brands that align with the NRA. Delta & United Airlines, Enterprise & Hertz rental cars, among others have cut the deals they had offered the NRA’s more than 5m members. The #BoycottNRA movement has proven that consumers can pressure companies into countering the NRA.

Now it’s time to turn our scopes to some other brands. Vista Outdoor owns dozens of outdoor brands and is a big supporter of the NRA. While 75% of Vista’s business is guns, ammunition and related supplies, the other 25% comes from well know brands such as Bell helmets, Giro helmets, Camelbak, and Blackburn (bike accessories).

Vista’s gun business isn’t thriving, so boycotting Vista’s non-gun brands should get their attention. Vista could promote smart gun laws and use it’s influence in the industry to help bring smarter regulation.

I’m boycotting the following brands until Vista takes action to propose smarter gun regulations and I ask you to join me:

Giro
Bell
Blackburn
Camelbak
Bolle
Bushnell
Bushnell Golf
Weaver
Simmons
Millett
Tasco
Night Optics
Primos Hunting
Gold tip
Bee Stinger
Serengeti
Cebe
Bolle Safety
Blackhawk
RCBS
Champion Range & Target
Butler Creek
Uncle MIke’s
Eagle
Hoppe’s 9
Gunslick Pro
Outers
Alliiant Power
JimmyStyks
Camp Chef
FA Brand
M-Pro 7
Copilot
Raskullz
Krash
GunMate
Redfield

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s